If you are already running an organization with multiple marketing channels, I have no doubt in my mind that you must be using e-mail marketing. If you are a start-up still working on building up your marketing strategy, e-mail marketing is one of the first marketing channels I want to recommend that you set-up.
The fact that a dollar spent on e-mail marketing has a positive return on investment of around $45 becomes one of the major factor supporting this argument.
So, if you want to take the plunge to set this up, here is a short boot camp to do it with ease.
For making this process easy to understand, I have divided this into 5 parts.
- E-Mail Platform Requirements
- E-Mail Marketing Goals
- E-Mail Campaign Objectives
- E-Mail Marketing Team Alignment
- E-Mail Marketing Roadmap
- E-Mail Platform Set-Up
- E-Mail Marketing Soft Launch
- E-Mail Reporting Set-Up
- E-Mai Marketing Launch
- Get e-mail data
- Perform e-mail exclusion and correction
- Segment Data
- Upload Data
- Create e-mailer
- Create Test Campaign
- Perform Test Run
- Schedule Campaign
- Review Test Campaign Results
- Review Subject Line Test Results
- For first tests review against industry benchmarks
- Review unsubscribe and bounce results
- Review CTR
- Review Conversion
- Review overall campaign performance
- Devise an e-mail marketing automation strategy
- Devise trigger based targeting strategy
- Devise auto data upload through API strategy
- Use e-mail templates
- Formulate automated e-mail campaign strategy. e.g. a holiday campaign can be executed on a particular date based on a previous purchase pattern of an existing customer.
- Use automation in landing page creation and conversion optimization
This is it for now, in part two of How to Start E-mail Marketing for Your Organization, we will cover e-mail marketing strategy and the sub sections above. I will ensure that I cover most of the e-mail marketing best practices so that you get the best out of your e-mail marketing channel.I want to do individual posts on each of these sections to provide more value.
Hope you benefit from it.